In the March 24, 2020 referendum, ESPLOST VI will be on the ballot for Gainesville City Schools, Hall County, and Buford City Schools. A Bond referendum will be on the ballot for Gainesville City Schools to complete ESPLOST VI projects.
What is ESPLOST VI?
ESPLOST VI is a continuation of the ESPLOST V penny sales tax for the purpose of funding the building of schools and other capital projects, which currently collects $7.5 million annually. Recently completed projects include new buildings for Enota, Fair Street, and Mundy Mill.
* An extension of the current sales tax, not an additional tax
* Sales tax is paid by everyone who eats and shops in Gainesville/Hall County
* Provide modern, safe, and secure school facilities for school-aged youth
* Quality schools promote a better future for our students and economic growth for our community
ESPLOST VI Primary Priorities:
* New Middle School for Attendance Zones for Gainesville Exploration Academy and Mundy Mill Academy
* Reconfigure Gainesville High School Campus