GCSS will maximize technology to support all system level initiatives. Technology will be utilized by students and adults to create a safe learning environment; employ wraparound support to ensure every student is successful; support each student in progressing at a pace to meet his/her academic potential and to ensure all students graduate with the competencies and skills to achieve success. The school district believes technology is imperative to student and adult work and will provide the resources necessary to inspire, nurture, challenge and prepare each student to be successful. DoIT is a major service provider to all stakeholders within Gainesville City Schools and supports mission-critical processes and services.
DoIT responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership in all aspects of technology for the school system.
- Coordinating the development, refinement and execution of the district strategic plan, involving all stakeholders and governance committees.
- Collaborating with the Superintendent and Cabinet to make informed decisions.
- Collaborating with principals and school staff to make informed decisions.
- Leading district initiatives, collaborating across departments and functional areas that support adoption and implementation of technology in all aspects of school business, including those that improve teaching and learning and promote digital age skills.
- Creating and supporting cross-functional teams for needs assessment, decision-making, technology support, professional development and other aspects of the district technology program.
- Building awareness among employees of available resources and the role of technology in the instructional process.
- Developing and coordinating a broad range of technology-based resources, maximizing the availability and use of these resources.
Department of Information Technology (DoIT) Team Members
Chief Technology Officer
IT Operations Manager
Director of Instructional Technology and Media Services
Student Information System Support Specialist
DoIT Technician Team
Alberto Barbat, email@example.com
Josiah Bowers, firstname.lastname@example.org
Christopher Immings, email@example.com
Hazzel Kingsbury, firstname.lastname@example.org
Chase Tarleton, email@example.com
Kenny Terrell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Juan Villarroel, email@example.com
- Gainesville City Schools is a Google Schools District.
- Gainesville City School System is a member of 1EdTech Consortium and strongly prefers the use of IMS Global interoperability standards.
- We are proud supporters of the Standards First Pledge. As part of a community that is committed to make open standards the first and primary choice for education technology integrations, we are advocates for standards based integrations. We believe that achieving and promoting official product certification to open standards enables a better edtech ecosystem and community and believe in fair and open business practices for suppliers. This is a cause we are passionate about and have taken the Standards First pledge to confirm our support. Find out more about Standards First.