Affordable Connectivity Program
We know that your student(s) need Internet access at home to learn best. We want to make you aware of the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which provides a discount of up to $30 per month toward broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers. For many households, this benefit can make your internet access free.
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT?
- Up to $30 per month
- One-time $100 device credit toward the purchase of a connected device, such as a laptop, desktop, or tablet (only with participating providers)
Began December 31, 2021 and is a long-term benefit
WHAT SERVICE PLANS?
Families can select any internet service plan to apply for the benefit
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
A household is eligible if a member meets at least one of these criteria:
- Participation in Lifeline
- Income Eligibility
- 200% of the federal poverty guidelines
- Participation in government assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Participation in Free and Reduced Price School Meal program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current year
WHAT IDENTIFICATION IS NEEDED TO APPLY?
One of the following:
- Driver’s License
- Military ID
- Other Government ID
HOW DOES A FAMILY SIGN UP?
There are three main ways to sign up:
1. Apply online at ACPBenefit.org
2. Mail in an application (English or Spanish). Send with docs to:
○ ACP Support Center, P.O. Box 7081, London, KY 40742
3. Contact a participating broadband provider directly
Eligible households must both apply for the program and contact a participating provider to select a service plan.
Contact your school's Parent Liaison for assistance in completing the application process.
You can also contact the ACP Support Center.
Phone: (877) 384-2575, seven days a week, from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET