Skip To Main Content

Student Registration Required Documents

Welcome to Gainesville City School System

We are glad you are joining our growing family.
Gainesville City School System has a centralized registration process and does not register students at individual schools. Registration is available online.

Residency shall mean the place where the student lives with a parent, guardian, or other person, unless the student is an emancipated minor. The student must be an occupant of a dwelling located within the school district. Proof of residence in the school district shall be required when a student enrolls and whenever a change of residence occurs, unless the student is homeless. Individual not legally admitted into the country shall not be denied a free public education.
The school system reserves the right to send designated officials to the domicile for the purposes of verifying residency; this shall include any family completing a proof of residency affidavit.

Required Student Registration Documents

To register your child to attend Gainesville City School System, you must have the following documentation:

  • Birth Date Verification
  • Two Proofs of Residency including one of the following:
    • non-contingent sales contract
    • current lease/rental agreement
    • most recent income tax return or IRS Form 1099
    • current paycheck stub
    • current warranty or quit claim deed
    • current home purchase agreement
    • current homeowner's insurance policy
  • and, one of the following:
    • current gas bill (within last 30 days)
    • current water bill (within last 30 days)
    • current electric bill (within last 30 days)
    • current cable/internet bill (with service address within last 30 days)

Students who are non-residents will be required to submit one proof of residency from the list in order to verify the mailing address for the student(s).

  • If proof of residence is in a name other than the parent or legal guardian, a notarized school residency affidavit form must be completed and signed by both parties at the Registration Center. The homeowner will need to also bring a copy of a recent bill in the homeowner’s name.
  • Georgia Certificate of Immunization Form #3231- Students must have immunization records from other countries or states transferred to Georgia form #3231. Forms must be marked complete for school attendance
  • Georgia Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening Form #3300 – Services for both forms (#3231 and #3300) are available from the Hall County Health Department, 1290 Athens Street, 770-531- 5600.
  • Parent or Guardian – must be present to enroll a student(s) and must present photo identification.
  • Guardian must present a Legal Guardianship Document.
  • Social Security Card or signed School Waiver Form.
  • Withdrawal Form, last report card or records from previous school - Official high school transcript must be provided for high school students (grade 9-12) if he/she wants to transfer credits.
  • McKinney-Vento - Families/Students who meet the federal definition of McKinney-Vento (homeless/in transition) may be enrolled without the normal documents required for school enrollment. Contact our McKinney-Vento Liaison at 

Team Members

Donna Allen
Director of Student Affairs

Paula Uscanga Macedo
Migrant Program Liaison

Brenda Robles
Registration Enrollment Specialist

Telephone: (770) 536-5275 x 5138
Fax: (770) 287-2019

School Registrar Contact Information

Contact the district enrollment management team or your school with a registration question.