Student Registration & Enrollment
Welcome to Gainesville City School System!
We are glad you are joining our growing family.
Gainesville City School System has a centralized registration process and does not register students at individual schools. Registration is available online.
We have established elementary zone clusters in order to improve our transportation services. Gainesville City Schools will provide transportation services within your assigned cluster only. The Gainesville City Schools Board of Education reserves the right to establish enrollment limits in all grades, classes, and/or programs. Therefore, there must be spaces available within the established cap amount for each grade level. Priority for classroom space will be provided to all City of Gainesville resident students first.
For additional assistance with online registration, please contact the Registration Center at (770) 536-5275 Extensions 5138 or Brenda Robles, Registration Enrollment Specialist by email. Phone appointments are available.
- New Student Registration
- Current Student - Transfer
- Current Student - In-District Transfer Request (Choice Enrollment)
- Current Student - Withdrawal
- Current Student - Out-Of-District Application Information (Tuition Enrollment)
- Required Registration Documents
- Transfer Information
- Update Your Child's/Household Information
- Where do I go to find the school zone for my new address?
- What do I do if my landlord isn’t available to sign a second proof of residence to enroll?
- Where do I go to change my child(ren)’s address if the new address is still within the same school zone?
- Where do I go to transfer my child(ren) to their new Gainesville City School if the new address is not within the same school zone?
- What do I need to do to withdraw my child from his/her school because they will no longer be attending a Gainesville City School?
- I am building a house in Gainesville City Schools. Can I register to attend a Gainesville City School prior to moving in?
- My child is moving from their current parent to the other parent’s house and needs to change schools within the district. What do I need to do to change my child’s school?
- We are divorced or legally separated and only one parent lives in the district. Can our child still attend a Gainesville City School?
- I live in the Gainesville City School District, and I would like to request a transfer to a different Gainesville City School elementary than the zoned school for my address. How does this process work?
- I do not live in the Gainesville City School District, and I would like to apply to enroll my child as an out-of-district tuition) student. How does this process work?
Contact the district registration center or your school with a registration question.
- District Registration Center
(770) 536-5275, ext. 5138
- Centennial Arts Academy
- Enota Multiple Intelligences Academy
- Fair Street International Academy
- Gainesville Exploration Academy
- Mundy Mill Learning Academy
- New Holland Knowledge Academy
- Gainesville Middle School
- Gainesville Middle School West Campus (Opening Fall 2022)
- Gainesville High School